Monday, July 6, 2009

Apparently it pays to get up early..

Gabe had a doctor's appointment the other day at 10 AM, so I decided to pack in some errands before we headed over. It was definitely worth it to get going early. I'm getting better and better at being more efficient when running errands with the babe, we were speeding in and out of stores all morning!

I got some local coupons in the mail for the Oroweat outlet the other day. Two packs of hamburger buns, a loaf of bread and two packs of tortillas for $2.18!

This was an amazing trip to Albertsons! Everything below for $3.69. Plus, I have coupons for $3.50 off my next shopping trip, so it was practically free!

Fred Meyer
$8 for everything below. The lemonade was only 25 cents a bottle, thanks Emilie!

Thanks to the store manager at our local Richland Albertsons, I found this amazing deal. 10 boxes of Capri Sun, 6 packages of ground beef and steak and a case of beer for only $13!

Quote from Mike: "I knew if you put your mind to it, you could get beer for free" :)

2 comments:

lynn said...

u guys can open your own store!!!
Tell Mike I know he's wanting to do that in LaCrosse :) :) Think of the friends he'll have giving away "free" beer!!!!

Dave said...

Melody, you should keep track of all of your food expenditures for a month (or many months). It'd be really interesting to see how little you spend. I suppose it would be even cooler if you could correlate that with consumption (since you probably aren't going to drink 10 cases of Capri Sun the same month you buy them), but I don't know how you could that.
I try to do the same here, but we don't have sales, so I have to reduce my monthly bills by growing my own food and killing things.