Sunday, July 26, 2009

Winding down to one..

I have been a slacker blogger and I apologize. We have been so busy! We have been out of town most every weekend and we are now starting a major renovation on our backyard, so that has taken up most of our free time. Gabe has been busy as well. He's winding his way down to his first birthday. I know I say this all the time, but WHERE DOES THE TIME GO? I feel like just yesterday we were sitting at home, waiting for a call from the hospital so we could come in and deliver. In the blink of an eye, here we are.

This past month has been full of milestones for Gabe. He's still crawling everywhere (at a very fast pace). He can walk behind his walker or holding our hands, but he still prefers to crawl since it is so much faster, I assume. He has quite the vocabulary these days. Along with hello (his first word), he can now say ball, cracker, mama, dada, papa, kitty, dog (or Boggs, we're not sure), water, boat and bye-bye. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. He went shopping with me the other day and we were wandering around the produce section and he pointed to every fruit in the store and said, ball, ball! He is the most amazing little boy..

Gabe's first pasta experience (raviolis, yum!)

First climbing toy? :)

His first shiner.. He really likes to open cabinet doors and this one just bit him back..

3 comments:

lynn said...

Oh no, sweet baby boy has a shiner?? Did you forget to tell me he got hurt?? I'd have just worried more!!!
He is a true blessing in all of our lives. Hugs, Love mom

Dave said...

Lynn, I get more entertainment out your comments on this blog than I do from the posts documenting Gabe's life. :)

The Hansen Family said...

Does that mean my posts are boring? Apparently I need to spice up the blog.. Thanks David! :)